The NEFSC Strategic Science Plan
Ecosystem-based science supporting stewardship of living marine resources under changing climatic conditions
The Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC) is a leader in marine science; our scientists and our science are recognized regionally, nationally, and internationally. In the coming years, this Plan will guide us as we build on a strong foundation of excellence in marine science.
Major objectives include:
- Improved internal and external communication to ensure transparency, accountability, and trust;
- Increased multidisciplinary, cross-cutting science enabled through greater investment in cooperative and collaborative research;
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness in meeting commitments to statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Scientific investigations that support progression toward ecosystem-based fisheries management; and
- Investment in our people and infrastructure to enable us to meet our mission.