Dr. James Weinberg
SAW 42 Chairman
Northeast Fisheries Science Center Reference Document 06-09
the Northeast Fisheries Science Center
42nd Northeast Regional Stock Assessment Workshop (42nd SAW) Stock Assessment Report:
Part A: Silver Hake, Atlantic Mackerel, & Northern Shortfin Squid
Part B: Expanded MultispeciesVirtual Population Analysis (MSVPA-X) Stock Assessment Model
National Marine Fisheries Serv., Woods Hole Lab., 166 Water St., Woods Hole, MA 02543
Web version posted May 22, 2006Citation: Northeast Fisheries Science Center. 2006. 42nd Northeast Regional Stock Assessment Workshop (42nd SAW) stock assessment report, part A: silver hake, Atlantic mackerel, and northern shortfin squid (CRD 06-09a). U.S. Dep. Commer., Northeast Fish. Sci. Cent. Ref. Doc. 06-09a; 284 p.
Northeast Fisheries Science Center. 2006. 42nd Northeast Regional Stock Assessment Workshop (42nd SAW) stock assessment report, part B: Expanded Multispecies Virtual Population Analysis (MSVPA-X) stock assessment model. U.S. Dep. Commer., Northeast Fish. Sci. Cent. Ref. Doc. 06-09b; 308 p.
Information Quality Act Compliance: In accordance with section 515 of Public Law 106-554, the Northeast Fisheries Science Center completed both technical and policy reviews for this report. These predissemination reviews are on file at the NEFSC Editorial Office.
Download complete PDF/print version (10+ MB)
Smaller, individual sections linked below.
All associated files are PDF
- Assessment of Silver Hake
- Assessment of Atlantic Mackerel
- Assessment of Northern Shortfin Squid on the Eastern USA Shelf during 2003 and 2004
- Chapter 1: Model Structure and Formulation
- Chapter 2: Data Input and Model Parameterization
- Chapter 3: Model Performance and Sensitivity Analyses
- Chapter 4: Model Utility for Management Purposes
- Chapter 5: ASMFC Research Recommendations
- Appendix D1: Sensitivity Analyses
- Appendix D2: ASMFC Single-Species Research Recommendations