Dr. James E. Hanks Memorial Research Library & Conference Room
From the past...
- Dr. Victor L. Loosanoff started the library in 1933 when he was Director of the Bureau of Commercial Fisheries, Biological Laboratory in Milford, Connecticut, now the Milford Laboratory.
It is dedicated to Dr. James E. Hanks, Director from 1962-1985, who established an extensive library research and aquaculture collection.
- The laboratory originally specialized in shellfish aquaculture, and the library still retains that collection of primary literature from the early years of those investigations.
Over time, scientific direction and research at the Milford Laboratory broadened. Current library support includes extensive holdings in coastal pollution, estuarine ecology, and aquatic animal pathology, as well as both fish and shellfish aquaculture.
Materials are only loaned to staff and other libraries.
- Mon-Fri 9-4:30 -- Email first for an appointment.
- Steven Pitchford or Sylvia Feeny Dr. James E. Hanks Memorial Research Library and Conference Room
212 Rogers Avenue
Milford CT 06460-6499
Updated 2/8/16 4 visits today, 16 visits this week, 86 visits this month, 268 visits this year